Cameron and I are spending the holiday week in Pennsylvania. Right now I'm writing to you from the kitchen of my uncles' home in beautiful Buck's County. I have pumpkins roasting in the oven while my uncle and father drive to the farm to pick up our turkey and my other uncle and stepmother go for a hike. I'm a little nervous because my family is looking forward to my made from scratch pumpkin pie and made that special request weeks ago when they saw my blog post. I'm hoping I can recreate it and will let you know how it goes in a Thanksgiving recap post this weekend. Just in case that doesn't work out I did make a Caramel Apple Cake that I saw in Food Network Magazine last month, and brought all sorts of other North Carolina goodies. I haven't poured the caramel over the top of the cake yet because I want to wait until it's time to serve it to do so, but here's a picture to tantalize your taste buds:
We'll be spending Thanksgiving here at my uncles' house then doing a parents meet parents lunch Friday, followed by Cameron's Ten Year high school reunion Friday night. We're hoping to meet up with some friends this week as well, so it's looking like we're going to stay pretty busy. Speaking of busy, the Thanksgiving preparations are beginning, and I have a pie to bake, so I suppose I should jump off of the computer. I'll be sending loving thoughts to the friends and family that I cannot share this holiday with, and hope that you all enjoy your Thanksgiving!

No comments:
Post a Comment